How to change your address with the government when you move

Last updated November 15, 2021

When you move, it is important to update your address with the government. That way, you will make sure to receive important documents in the mail like hearing or interview notices. You need to update your address separately with every immigration agency you interact with. This can include one or more of these immigration agencies: USCIS, immigration court, and ICE or ISAP.

  • If you are an ASAP member, you do not need to change your address with ASAP. ASAP is not part of the U.S. government.

This information is not intended to be legal advice.