Information about Seeking Asylum at the Mexico-U.S. Border
Last updated on April 7, 2021
The situation at the border is changing constantly. And the situation can vary depending on your location at the border. It may be helpful to contact organizations working at the border to learn the latest updates. Many people and organizations are working to fight against unjust policies at the border. We have listed some of those organizations below.
ASAP compiled this list of organizations providing assistance at the Mexico-U.S. border over the past few months, but it is likely incomplete. We hope it can be a starting point for asylum seekers to seek more information.
General information about the border:
- Info Digna
- HIAS Mexico
- Catholic Charities (Las Cruces, New Mexico): (575) 527-0500
- Jewish Family Service Hotline (San Diego, California): (858) 637-3365
Organizations that help unaccompanied children:
- Phone number: (202) 918-9431
- Email: [email protected]
Organizations on the Border (By City):
- Info Digna (scroll down to Servicios and choose “Chihuahua” for Región and “Juarez” for Ciudad)
- NOTE: website is only available in Spanish.
- HIAS (Free Help): (656) 202-3628
- Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center: (915) 303-6948 or (915) 544-5126
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA): (888) 988-9996
- Kino Border Initiative:
- To call the office in Mexico from the U.S: 011-52 (631) 316-2086
- To call offices in Arizona: (520) 287-2370
- Info Digna (scroll down to Servicios and choose “Baja California” for Región and “Tijuana” for Ciudad)
- NOTE: website is in Spanish.
- Al Otro Lado
- To call from Mexico: (664) 208-8994
- To call from the U.S: (619) 786-4866 or (323) 238-9935
- To visit the community center, Enclave Caracol: C. Primera 8250, Zona Nte., 22127
- HIAS (Free Help): (663) 205-4660 or (663) 205-4659
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
- Jewish Family Services
- To call from Mexico or WhatsApp: 1 (858) 333-2857
- ImmDef: (213) 634-0999
- Resource Center Matamoros
- To call: +1 (956) 295-5434
- Information about resources available to asylum seekers in Matamoros
- Address: Avenida Tamaulipas 241, Jardín, 87330 Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- HIAS (Free Help): (811) 508-7398 or (811) 508-7732
- Texas Civil Rights Project: (956) 291-4169
- ProBAR: (956) 425-9231
- HIAS (Free Help): (811) 465-3235
- La Pasada Providencia (Housing): (956) 399-3826
- Jones Day: to call +1 (214) 969-5050
- HIAS (Free help): (812) 416-2731
- Border Kindness: to call (686) 345-8890
- HIAS (Free Help): (686) 339-4323 or (686) 383-1855
For more information and resources from the Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) visit our website.
Note: This information is not a substitute for advice from an attorney.