Pro se help desks
This is a list of organizations that provide limited scope legal assistance to asylum seekers without lawyers in immigration court. Please reach out to these organizations directly for details on their services. The Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) has listed the pro se help desks we know about. Please email us at email@example.com if you have other recommendations. Visit ASAP’s Find Help page to find other legal and social services.
Esperanza (Los Angeles)
- Location: Los Angeles Immigration Court, 5th floor, 606 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Tel: (323) 905-0404
- Telephone help desk hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays. Send a text to (323) 905-0404 with your name and a description of the assistance you seek.
Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto (CLSEPA) (East Palo Alto)
- Location: CLESPA, 1861 Bay Road, East Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Tel: 650-326-6440
- Walk in hours: Monday – Thursday: 9am – 1pm. You can also call CLSEPA to schedule another time.
Center for Excellence (Atlanta)
National Immigrant Justice Center (Chicago)
- Location: Chicago Immigration Court, 525 West Van Buren Street, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60607
- Tel: (312) 660-1328
- Telephone help desk: Call the help desk hotline to be scheduled for a consultation or workshop.
- Location: 80 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038
- Tel: (212) 419-3728
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help desk hours: Catholic Charities hosts Self-Help Workshops once a month and multiple individual consultation sessions throughout the month to provide general orientation on the legal process. Contact them for more information about exact dates.
American Gateways (San Antonio)
- Location: Pro Bono Room, San Antonio Immigration Court, 800 Dolorosa Street, Suite 300, San Antonio, TX 78207
- Tel: 210-521-4768 x 232
- Help desk hours: Please reach out for details.